Saturday, April 1

I can make the voices stop.

One of life's little annoyances. That irritating lady that intones "at the tone, please record your message. When you have finished recording..." blah blah BLAH! Don't you think that by now we've all become accustomed to leaving voice mail messages? Why do cellphone voice mail systems insist on telling us that we can speak at the tone, then hang up when we're done recording? Have you ever pressed "1" for "more options"? I know I haven't. Just let me leave a goshdang message already!

Well. Detroit Patriotette is here to make the voice stop. Yes, I have figured out how to bypass the superfluous instruction lady. Mind you, I think it only works on Verizon-type phones. It has to be the prompt that says "at the tone, please record your message. When you have finished recording you may hang up...". Doesn't work with all voice mails.

All you gotta do? When the person's personal outgoing voice mail announcement is done and the annoying voice starts giving you directions on how to leave a voice mail, press 9. It'll beep, then leave your message. Isn't that better?

That's it! *whew* Next, I will tackle the meaning of life, the secrets of the universe, and find where Saddam hid his WMDs. Stay tuned!