Wednesday, April 5

At least I got to watch the Weather Channel.

UPDATE: Bill Cosby is a man who knows about "personal responsibility". (and he wouldn't smack an officer if said officer asked for credentials) He speaks to a rally in New Orleans. Now THIS is a man who doesn't play the "race game". Go, Coz, Go! (via Pajamas Media)



Ms. Cynthia "Black and therefore above the law" McKinney and her lawyer (via phone) was on Fox News this morning being interviewed by Brian Kilmeade. I happened to be walking by the TV this morning to refill the coffee (half-caf, thank you) cup and saw her scary, whites-of-the-eyes, manic expression and thought "hm. wonder what the Weather Channel has to say".

I'm a wimp. I couldn't watch the interview. I knew EXACTLY how it would go, because I've had run-ins with people just like this sad excuse for a human before. The oh-so-superior attitude, the confidence in the delusion that they're so far above mere mortals that we should be honored they would deign to grace us with their wisdom, well...and not to mention that wild-eyed stare and condescending attitude? I had to change the channel.

E.D. Hill was laughing her butt off when I felt it was safe to change the channel back to Fox. Apparently Ms. McKinney didn't answer ONE question. Not one. On my way out the door, they played the highlights of the interview, and Brian kept saying "did you hit the officer? Did you...did you...excuse me, did you hit the officer?" And McKinney just kept talking over him like her mike was off. Then her lawyer chimed in with some cockameemee lawyerbabble about how the incident is being "investigated" and she can't talk about it.

Ah. So witnesses don't count as a "yes, she hit the guy" type of thing, eh? No. They're going to come up with some excuse for why she hit the guy. Because, she's black, did you hear? So that means she can get away with whatever because...she's black. And we all know that that means she's above the law. If I were a black woman - which I'm not, but still - I would be embarassed by her behavior.

To wit:

Police also have said that McKinney was failing to wear a pin that lawmakers are asked to display when entering Capitol facilities.

But she said Wednesday: "Face recognition is the issue .... The pin doesn't have my name on it and it doesn't have my picture on it, and so security should not be based on a pin ... People are focused on my hairdo."

The Georgia Democrat, appearing on CBS's "The Early Show" Wednesday, recently dropped her trademark cornrows in favor of a curly brown afro.

"Something that perhaps the average American just doesn't understand is that there is a heightened sense of a lack of appropriateness being there for members who are elected who happen to be of color," McKinney said, "and until this issue is addressed by the American public in a very substantive way, it won't be the last time."

Uh...okay. Wonder if Condi would ever hit a security guard if he asked her to show her credentials. Did Colin Powell ever deck someone for detaining him at a checkpoint? Nope. Seems the only black person in politics that likes to hit people and then feel superior about it is this nutjob.

Previously: Smack that cop for me...