Wednesday, February 6

Super Tuesday Recap

I can't say we didn't see this coming, but it is rather disappointing. Let's see... McCain won a bunch of mostly blue states that he has no choice of winning in a general election. A bunch of Southerners who would rather have McCain be president gave Huckabee several states. Romney won several, as well, but everyone is counting him out. (By "everyone" I mean the MSM who are eager for the only good, conservative candidate we have to drop out of the race.)

What was most telling about yesterday's race was how many more Democrats voted than Republicans. They're excited about their candidates; we're not. Even though I've been supporting Romney, it's because he's the best we've got, not because I'm really excited for him to be our candidate. So there you have it. If the Republican party wants to abandon it's conservative principals and its conservative base. If they think the way of the future is to act like Democrats. If they want to demean our beliefs and court the NY Times. I hope they lose.

This is copied from Rush's site; a caller on today's show summed up how I feel about the whole thing:

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Listen, I don't think the media gets it. I don't think these Republican pundits get it. I'm 50 years old. I've been a Republican since I was a child because my mother was a Republican Party precinct leader, and I have never voted in a federal election for anybody but the Republican candidate, not because they were Republican, but because they were conservative. I cannot vote for John McCain. I don't care what he says between now and --

RUSH: Why not? Why not? I hear so many people say that, why not?

CALLER: Because, as Thomas Sowell so well put it, you know, people are looking at it, he betrayed us. You know, Hillary and Obama can go out there and be liberal and say what they are. He said he was one of us. And then, because he lost an election, he turned around, and because he hated Bush, you know, he always has to hate somebody, he hated us, he hated the conservatives, he hated the Christian right, he turned around and slapped us over and over and over again. He twice wanted to leave the party, and now the Republicans have the audacity to ask me, a person who has supported them, given them money, given them time, to support this man. I'm not going to do it. I don't care what he says. He can reincarnate Reagan and run with him; I will not vote for this man for president. And this hurts. This is a hard thing, to come to this realization.

RUSH: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute. Are you just going to not vote, or are you going to go out there and vote for the Democrats?

CALLER: At this point, I'm not going to vote. If I think McCain can win, I will vote for the Democrats, but I do not want him as a representative of all the things Republicans have fought for, and Rush, I'm not the only one. Nobody in my family, I know a lot of people, my husband, his wife, my cousin, his wife, my grown children. Nobody gets this.