Thursday, January 31

Disgruntled

Yes, I'm disgruntled. Wouldn't you be after reading this frightening article?

Can someone please tell me WHY Mike Huckabee is still in the race? Edwards finally did something graceful enough to live up to that hair by bowing out. Rudy is out (very disappointing for me, as well. I had been a Rudy supporter, but now that he's backing McCain, I can see how wrong I was! But, but - Sage- aren't all the conservatives flocking to McCain? I mean he has Arnold's endorsement now. My point, exactly). If the Huckster would just pull out, Romney would be blowing McCain away in states like Florida and everywhere else.

Speaking of FL- people that described themselves as "very conservative" went 2-1 for Romney over McCain. Duh. McCain's not conservative.

So here I am worrying that McCain will be our nominee and I'll have to not cast a presidential vote for the first time since turning 18 and then I see this. At least, for once, honesty from a Clinton!!! :

In a long, and interesting speech, he [Clinton] characterized what the U.S. and other industrialized nations need to do to combat global warming this way: "We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions 'cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren."

What is a conservative to do with such choices? On the one hand, we have crazy liberals who want to cripple our economy for 'global warming.' Forget terrorists -Impeding industrial progress to appease environmental whackos - that's about the only war Democrats can wage these days. They can't wait to raise our taxes, give amnesty to illegals, let terrorists have civil trials as if they were American citizens, appoint judges that are not 'too conservative' like Alito, and then expect everyone to like them because at least they're not President Bush! On the other hand, we have... more of the same if McCain is our nominee.

What is a conservative to do with such choices? Pray.

(My back-up plan is to write in Nick Lidstrom for President...)