Monday, February 5

Congrats to the Colts!

Peyton Manning finally has his ring. Phew, that's over with. I'm glad for the Colts team, Dungee and Peyton. Less glad for the people of Indianapolis (hey- they're also Pacers fans), but I'm sure they're enjoying the celebration without my heartfelt cheer. It was a well-deserved win for a great team. And yes, Manning finally has that ring now.

I can't remember who it was in the pre-game commentary asking if it would be physically possible for him to do even more commercials after winning the Super Bowl... Speaking of commercials, I was disappointed. Liked most of the Budweiser spots (though never enough to actually want to drink their beer) - my fav. was the hitch hiker spot. The Chevy spots were pretty good. Most everything else was uninspiring. Prince rocked at half time; the first half was far better than the second half (especially if you were routing for the Bears), and I was glad to hear all of the positive comparisons between Miami as a host city v. Detroit. Apparently, the consensus was that Detroit was better organized and the people here were more welcoming...

Just glad we had the game last year and not this year, because I don't think the reviews would have been as favorable... Seeing as we're feeling some major effects of "global cooling." I wish Algore could visit - we had a high of about 8 degrees yesterday, I think it's 6 right now (about 20 below with the wind chill). Every school in the New Fallujah area is closed today and I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't take the day off...

Happy Monday.

Super Bowl Update - I can't believe I forgot to mention this. When he said it I shouted - oh, the liberals and the rest of the world are HATING that! Thanks to Rush for reminding me...

DUNGY: I'll tell you what. I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American to win this. That means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything -- I said it before -- Lovie Smith and I are not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing that you can win and doing it the Lord's way. We're more proud of that.

And more from Rush...

It's clear from the way that Dungy lives his life and the kind of person he is that his distinguishing feature is indeed that he's a Christian, and I've been looking at the Drive-Bys today to see if there is any reference to this. I haven't found any reference to this. There is a little bit. It embarrasses the Drive-Bys.

"Oh, I wish he hadn't said that. Oh, God! We'll focus on the black coach thing!"

I got a note from a friend saying, "How long is it going to take the NFL to apologize to the world for the references to God last night in the post-game show?"