Thursday, November 30

Why We Love Rush

Some insightful Rush quotes. Here are a few of my favorites:

"The Iraq war, to the vast majority of people in this country, is no more than a 30-second TV show every night. It makes them uncomfortable and they don't want to watch it anymore. It's not about the country being threatened or the worldwide conflict in which we find ourselves. It's just something inconvenient."

"When Putin was first elected president the world was all atwitter: 'Oh, he's so urbane! He's so sophisticated!' I said, 'He's a former KGB agent. He's trouble.' Once again, ladies and gentlemen, I knew what I was talking about."

"Wow. There's a pretty Democrat spokesman on TV. You just don't see those often. I did a double-take."

We have devised whole philosophies to deal with our unhappiness, and probably the most powerful one is that there is virtue in suffering. I've always had a problem with that; I have never thought that the gift of life was a gift of suffering."

"'Redeploy' is another one of these twisting and turning of words that just means 'quit.' It softens the message of 'cut-and-run.'"

"I know communists and I know liberals -- and they do not reform."