Monday, June 5

Go to Hell..... Michigan

Yes, tomorrow's date is 6-6-6, supposedly associated with the devil, though I have no idea why. Personally, tomorrow's date worries me about as much as the whole Y2K hype. But the big day is still cause for celebration in some areas, including our very own Hell, Michigan.

Some quotes from the article I found quite amusing...

The Gates of Hell should be installed at a children's play area in time for the festivities.

The 666 revelry is just the latest chapter in the town's storied history of publicity stunts, said Jason LeTeff, one of its 72 year-round residents - or, as the mayor calls them, Hellions or Hell-billies. But LeTeff wasn't particularly enthused.

"Now, here I am living in Hell, taking my kids to church and trying to teach them the right things and the town where we live is having a 6-6-6 party," he said.