Tuesday, January 17

At a loss...

Happy day after MLK day, by the way.

I waited all weekend for something exciting to talk about today, and...well...I got nothin'. I'm sure the Sage will jump in here with some football blogging later on, but in the meantime all I have are my useless rants and the same ol' same ol' from the news.

I was mildly entertained by the Golden Globes pre-show last night, only as kind of a car-wreck sort of thing. And CSI was a re-run, so what else was I supposed to have on as background? Isaac Mizrahi was fawning and flattering and asking celebrities stupid, inane questions like whether or not they were wearing underwear. Every time a female celebrity would be standing next to him he would precede his "interview" with "I'm the luckiest man ever! Look who I'm standing next to!" He said that with every female celeb. Every one.

The trained and fluffed poodles gushed about their dresses and their hairdressers and makeup artists like we care, and Gweneth Paltrow announced to us all that in her gift bag that she got as a presenter she received, among other things, an expedition to Antarctica. Poor, poor celebs. Life must be rough.

Of course Bareback...I mean Brokeback Mountain received heaps of awards, showing the public that Hollywood really doesn't give a rat's tucas what we Americans like or want to see more of. BM (ha) only made about $25MM at the box office, where Narnia made 4 times that and more. But of course we will showcase a movie that by all intents and purposes was a box office failure. I heard on a local radio station this morning that George Clooney has decided to make another movie in that same gay man cheats on his wife how noble genre. Suprise, suprise.

In TV land, the super annoying and blatantly left-wing show "Commander in Chief" got Geena Davis an award...does anyone actually watch that show anymore? It makes my teeth swell.

I am happy that Hugh Laurie won for "House" - that, my friends, is a great show and Hugh deserves the award. I've only recently started watching it, but wow. Well done. Better than ER at its best in my humble opinion.

Of course Whacko Clooney got an award for Syrianna, although I don't think anyone actually saw that movie, either.

Kudos to Hollywood for proving to us all once again that they are on their own little planet. They try to convince us that they care about big issues, but I think in reality the only big issues they care about are their overinflated egos.

Whatever.

UPDATE: How could I not have mentioned the American Film Renaissance - a conservative film festival. Since it's all over the news today, complete with E! Online coverage and Isaac Mizrahi asking Gary Sinise if he's wearing underwear and all...you'd think it would be hard to ignore. (more at Pajamas Media's Mondo Hollywood roundup)


I love Gary Sinise. He's the only reason I watch CSI:NY. Okay, well the uber-Italian stallion dude is a good reason to watch, too, but damn. I've always had a big ol' honking crush on Gary Sinise. And now that he's "come out" as a Republican at the AFR? *swoon*