Thursday, February 21

Is anyone surprised?

It sure didn't take long after McCain shored up the GOP nomination for the MSM to "remember" the Keating Five scandal. I'm sure you've all heard about the supposed affair McCain had with a lobbyist 8 years ago - the NY Times dug this story up from some "unnamed sources," so you know it must be true. But if you read their breaking news story, you'll see it's nothing more than an excuse to rehash the Keating Five scandal (which, btw- I still haven't been able to figure out how one of the five went to jail, 3 lost their senate jobs and McCain somehow escaped with a mere censure?). After devoting a few intro paragraphs to the alleged affair (about 11% of the article's content), the other 89% is devoted to the Keating Five tale. Maybe this will teach the GOP a lesson - let's choose our own candidate next time, instead of letting the media select him for us.

links to this post