Monday, January 23

Oh, Canada

Looks like we have more in common with our neighbors to the north than I thought...

"After 13 years and four failed mandates, the era of Liberal arrogance is ending," local candidate Michael Smith told a Winnipeg rally as he introduced Conservative leader Stephen Harper, who made stops in Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia on Sunday.

W
ell... I don't know about liberal arrogance ending here, but their power and relevance is...

Some polls suggest the Liberals will get their lowest percentage of votes in any election since independence in 1867, even lower than the 28 percent they collected in 1984.

Wouldn't that be great, eh? Let's hope for them things turn out. I've spent way too much time in Canada and like the country too much to put up with their recent America bashing and far left politics. I mean, we expect the US national anthem to be booed in Quebec (they prolly boo the English version of their own anthem up there...) but when it spreads to BC at a youth hockey tournament, things have gone too far. Biased referies I can handle, but not that. Oh, and considering they don't even need an army b/c they have us down here to protect them, I'd say if not supporting, than at least not opposing us and siding with France in international conflicts would be nice.


This is funny... a little worry from Michael Moore. (the direct link wasn't working, but you can get there via drudge) I like how the title is about him "weighing in" on the election. Anyone want to hazard a guess on how much Michael Moore does weigh by now?

Oh, and can anyone set me straight on his documentaries? I keep getting Bowling for Columbine and SuperSize Me mixed up...