Tuesday, March 21

Um...wha?

UPDATE: Now *this* is a rant. The Anchoress, as usual, gets her point across without profanity (ahem) or hysteria. I feel her pain. And bonus? It makes sense!

UPDATE II/Related: Gateway Pundit notes that when it comes to the war, Democrats have always been wrong, wrong, wrong. And will continue to be wrong. Forever and ever, amen.

****

Can someone explain this post to me? I'm curious. The author is apparently really really upset about...something. Nothing, of course, is substantiated in any way whatsoever, but man, is she PISSED off.

Ya'll know I never visit leftist blogs or troll or anything. I found this blog through another blog relating to parenthood. I found the author's sense of humor entertaining and I'd visit periodically to peek in on someone else's life and get a chuckle at the same time.

But today? I read this latest post and thought...what in the name of all that's holy is she talking about? I can't figure it out. Maybe you can? (I mean no disrespect to the author of this blog - as I said, I've enjoyed her sense of humor in the past. I'm just a bit perplexed by this latest...rant?)

Has anyone else had as much fun as I have watching these neo-cons and war mongers as they attempt to back peddle their stance on Iraq in an attempt to look like something more than George W.’s bitches? From Time to Newsweek to CNN all I’ve seen lately are right-wingers admitting they may have been too hasty to support their boy in office, while not really apologizing for supporting their boy in office. What they are doing now is attempting to salvage credibility instead of admitting that three years ago they were a bunch of p*ssies that were unwilling to question the supreme word of their ruler.
Huh? Um, sweetheart, there are reams and boxes and stacks of information out there saying unequivocably that Bush DIDN'T lie. Who's "admitting they may have been too hasty"? The only "credibility" that needs to be "salvaged" is the liberals' now that information is coming out supporting our reasons for going to Iraq.
This war was nothing more than a personal vendetta that the Bush family had with Saddam Hussein. When the debacle that was the 2000 election happened, I said to my Republican co-workers at the time, that if I was Saddam Hussein, I’d get the hell out of Bagdad, because it was only a matter of time before Junior would try to avenge Daddy.
Bweep! Bweep! Moonbat talking points alert! Bweep! Bweep!
They’ve had complete control for six long years, and in that time our country has gone to total sh*t. We are so crippled in the eyes of the world that we couldn’t invade South Dakota if we wanted to right now. The Arab countries think we’re a big joke, Europe thinks we’re crass, and the Asian countries think we are fiscally irresponsible. Not that I give a flying f*ck what anyone else in the world thinks, but if we are seen as bumbling idiots, then it’s only a matter of time before some really bad things start happening here.
Um...what? Something really bad like...9/11? Good thing we've removed Saddam Hussein and the Taliban, gone after terrorists domestically, and kicking the butt of terrorists all over the place, eh?

How has this country gone to...um...ka-ka? The economy is the best it's ever been, unemployment is down to record lows...oh, heck. I'm preaching to the choir, aren't I.
No more sob stories or tales of woe on how they sort of felt like objecting, but didn’t want to seem unpatriotic, and after all, a world without Saddam is a better world, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Are you saying it's not, honey? Should we just apologize to Saddam and give him his throne back?

Wow. She's really upset about whatever it is she's upset about. I just don't get where she thinks we're all backpedalling. If anything, we've been bolstered by the latest avalanche of information coming out from these translated documents. Which, apparently, she hasn't read.

Here endeth the one and only foray into left-wing blog reading, ya'll.