Wednesday, September 14

"I take responsibility"

I read yesterday about our President accepting responsibility for failures in the federal government "where they occurred". If I had just read the headlines at CNN and NYT and others, I'd have thought "He caved. Why is he apologizing??!!" but then I read the context of the actual statement. And thought about it. It takes a strong man - an exceptional leader - to essentially demonstrate that the buck stops with him. I (and others) admire his backbone and his integrity.

Good analysis at LaShawn Barber's blog (as usual).

Also PoliPundit (with other interesting links).

Overall, let me say that I'm sick to death in general of the finger-pointing and ridiculousness surrounding this natural disaster. Nice to know that NO will be open for business soon, though.