Thursday, August 25

Clinton's "Cindy Sheehan"

You'll have to forgive me - this morning I'm feeling very weary of the hypocrisy and lies and screaming coming from the libs. I believe I've reached a saturation point, and this was the last straw: does this story sound at ALL familiar? Did anybody hear about it? Me neither.

Amazing. (and it's amazing that it continues to amaze me...)

This on top of listening to the news this morning where they actually reported, with a straight face, that Ted Kennedy is calling for "real leadership" in this war, and that Dubya ain't it. Ted "the swimmer" Kennedy is calling for leadership. That's rich. A guy gets fired for calling islamic extremists terrorists. Cindy Sheehan is running amok insulting a man I happen to hold a HUGE amount of respect for. Her lying about my President and his character is starting to really wear on me.


On another note - and a much lighter one, I got an e-mail from a friend of mine who is serving in the National Guard in Iraq right now. He has one of these dry senses of humor that usually takes me a few minutes to get. :) Anyway, the first e-mail was about how he's doing over there and all that - but he *did* have a few complaints. He's very upset that last night at dinner his lobster was a bit rubbery and the cheesecake was dry. But, he acknowledged, it *is* a war.

har. Funny guy.

I thought I'd post his latest e-mail, just to take a break from the doom and gloom and death and fighting. Don't ya'll think we need a break?

The media doesn't hang out here much. We're at the Ritz here. I lied about the Lobster Tail. It was on the menu tonight but I had the steak and shrimp instead (that is true) and it was really good. I haven't had the lobster tail since the first time I had it when we first got here and it was chewy. The media is out with the guys kicking in doors and driving around Baghdad, not with me here. We are well taken care of. Too well I think sometimes. Most of us are just happy we have it so well and are glad we weren't with the first troops that came through in OIF 1. They've had two years to build this place up and improve it. I live in an air conditioned trailer, I eat like a king, I drop my laundry off twice a week and it comes back folded in two days. I can go to a nice gym, lift weights and do step arobics if I want. The OIF 1 people had nothing. They slept in the dirt and dust. Had no AC in the 120 degree heat. Couldn't take a shower for weeks, and most weren't in one place long enough to get settled. We got it really good. If it wasn't for the no beer and the mortars that come in a few times a week, it might be paradise.

Nice to see he's keeping his sense of humor about all this. Be safe, my friend. We're praying for you.