Friday, August 12

Able Danger and the 9/11 Commission

From what I've read today, this (via Powerline) is shaping up to be THE big new story of the summer. I wasn't getting too whipped up about it because I was sure it's another one of those things, like the Swift Boat Vet's bombshells back in '04, that will get buried and forgotten about. So what's the point, right?

But then I remembered the Dan Rather swarm about the forged documents and how bloggers were instrumental in bringing that out in the open. And I'll bet a lot of money that if it weren't for the bloggers, John Kerry would have gotten away with a LOT more than he did. The Air America scandal is being kept alive even though the MSM refuses to talk about it.

So. With that in mind, I present to you a primer on this latest "scandal" being brought to light. And when you read comments like "...searching the National Archives for documents pertaining to Able Danger..." remember Sandy Berger. Wonder if what they're looking for (proof that the Clinton Administration was warned by Able Danger about Mohammed Atta and did nothing) is in one of his socks.