Wednesday, January 25

It's Meme-Day Wednesday!

Our illustrious friend the Yak of Random Yak fame tagged us to play the "Meme" game! We of course are honored to participate, and will ask five of our blogger buds to play along, too. Apparently the way this works is...we have no idea how this works. But it's fun! And it's our blog. So there.

1. What were three of the stupidest things you've ever done in your life?
Patriotette - As far as fashion and hairstyles, the 80s weren't kind. That takes care of #1 and #2. #3 has got to be either the time I followed Boy George's concert tour around the country or not finishing college when I was young, stupid, and had no other responsibilities. One of the above is something I made up.
Sage - Sorry. Too personal.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence on your life?
Patriotette - obviously the life busy growing inside me has a pretty big influence - such as how to sit, what to wear and what not to eat. That's at this particular moment. But in general, I have to say God. Definitely.
Sage - Me.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?
Patriotette - can I take some of the people in the time machine with me? Okay, here's what I'd do. I'd pack Al Gore, John Kerry, and Hillary Clinton into the machine and go back...oh, about 10 years. (this is an arbitrary number) I'd schedule dinner with them along with Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. Somewhere nice with white tablecloths. I'd rent the whole restaurant out in the name of privacy. Then I'd leave to go to the ladies room a la the Godfather, come back, and eliminate them all. How's that. No? *sigh* Okay then, I'd dine with Ronald and Nancy Reagan, Joe McCarthy, George Washington and JFK.
Sage - George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Ronald Reagan, Jesus

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
Patriotette - a private home on my private island, a red 1970 Cutlass 442 convertible with white leather interior, no term limits for Republican presidents. *smirk*
Sage - A billion dollars, to meet my soul mate, health for my family and I.

5. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.
Patriotette - #1. a safe downtown area (although we've improved immensely in the last few years) #2. reliable, safe public transportation that services all points between Detroit and Pontiac. Two things people should avoid when coming to Detroit is #1. 8 mile road (between Woodward and...west of there) and #2 walking down dark alleys alone without some kind of assault rifle handy.
Sage - A subway/reliable public transportation system, a football team; avoid just about everything outside of the very center of downtown

6. Name one thing that has changed your life.
Patriotette - obviously? Getting pregnant. Absolutely beyond stunning what that event has done to change my outlook, priorities, and view of the world in general. It even amazes me.
Sage - (taking the 5th)

7. Choose five other bloggers to carry on the meme.
ExPreacherman from Notes from a Retired Preacherman. He's got, like, lots of life experience.

Benedict from Benedict Blog. Because we like his style.

Amy Proctor. Amy's cool.

Timmer from Righting America. He'll be honest. With a twist.

Ryan from Jokers to the Right. Sarcasm. We like sarcasm.