Monday, December 19

Leak??

I admit I'm stealing this straight from Rush's show today, but I thought I'd generate some conversation on it...

Did anyone here Bush's press conference this morning? He made the point that in the '90s we were tracking Osama by his cell phone. Someone leaked this to the press. What do you think happened? Osama stopped using his phone. Bye, bye ability to track him by that method.

So now someone --I'm guessing someone in Congress-- LEAKED that the U.S. is tapping into peoples' phone calls without a court order. According to our government, they're only listening to calls made to numbers outside of this country by people w/suspected al queada ties.

But now that this info. has leaked, what do you think any terrorist who was using a phone to make plans will do?

Now, let's see. What do we think is the bigger leak? With a greater threat to our security? This? Or Valerie Plame's supposedly secret identity?

Yeah, and how much do you think the press will be demanding action over this leak?? Demanding investigations and peoples' heads? I guess we'll see...

My guess is nothing. The MSM, like their liberal idols, care more about bringing President Bush down than they do about America's security. Does it mean anything to them that since 9/11 we've not been attacked again? (Gee, maybe Bush is doing something right) Well, they're certainly out there fighting for al queada in hopes there will be another attack on Bush's watch.

Update: Patriotette here...Sage beat me to the post about the press corps smackdown...er... press conference. :)
(don't you just love it when he gets all fatherly and professorial on them?
I love that "gonna tell you how it is" look!)

Here's the transcript. (here's more via Drudge)
The best quote:
So I'm just going to keep doing my job. Maybe you can keep focusing on all these focus groups and polls, and all that business. My job is to lead, keep telling the American people what I believe, work to bring people together to achieve a common objective, stand on principle, and that's the way I'm going to lead. I did so in 2005, and I'm going to do so in 2006.