Friday, December 9

Global warming, my tookus.

(12/16/05: Ahem. It's come to my attention that the correct spelling is 'tucas' not 'tookus'. Oops. Thanks to an alert reader for pointing that out. I'm a phonetic speller. Obviously.)

Greetings from the great city of New Fallujah, Michigan where the snow falls freely and the temperatures drop to 3 degrees at night. I awoke this morning at the crack of 6am to hear snowblowers, one of which belonging to my sweet neighbor who also serviced my sidewalk.

Of course nobody plows the roads or anything, because that would diminish the challenge it takes to get to work. I'm lucky to have a four-wheel-drive vehicle, but that doesn't help much when the innocent-looking white stuff is hiding an inch of ice underneath.


So. 25 miles an hour all the way in to work. Cold extremities. But pretty snow. It's lookin' like CHRISTMAS, folks!

Warm Friday greetings to y'all.