Monday, April 7

Clean Conscience

Alright, I'll stop denying it. I am a racist. Yep, that's right. I'm coming out and admitting it.

I am a racist because I was offended by that Absolut ad
I am a racist because I think immigrants should come here legally, even if they are Mexican
I am a racist because I think immigrants should learn to read, write and speak English and assimilate to American culture, just like my grandparents did
I am a racist because I don't think being black and handsome qualifies you to be president, even if you have been a U.S. senator for three whole years
I am a racist because I get upset when I hear people who enjoy every benefit of this country hate on it
I am a racist because I am proud of my country
I am a racist because I love my country
And, of course, I am a racist because I vote Republican

I am no longer going to cower in fear of some ignorant, America-hating liberal (even if they are a minority) calling me racist for my beliefs. Like Hank Reardon learned, they can only win if you let them, if you accept their premises.