Monday, April 30

Detroit Sports Update

The Wings definitely found their hearts for Saturday's 3-2 win over the Sharks. What a game! And the crowd was alive again, too. (Even after we went down 2-0 early in the first again...) The octopi were flying, which always helps, and I don't think I've ever heard the Joe so loud as it was after we scored that winning goal... So it's out to San Jose tonight for game 3. And can I just tell you how much I love being in the eastern time zone, following a team in the Western Conference. More 10 p.m. games and groggy days at work to look forward to, but I'm not complaining.

And how bout those Pistons??? Swept the Magic Satuday, looking forward to round 2. Speaking of sweeps -- hahahahahah! ha. ha. The Heat got SWEPT in the FIRST ROUND!!! I hope Shaq was crying.

And in other news - the Lions picked up Calvin Johnson with their second round pick and, in a surprise move, MSU QB Drew Stanton. Not so sure how I feel about Stanton; he didn't exactly do much for State... At any rate, I feel very confident with these new additions that the Lions will win at least four games next season.